Pages



Mini Book Haul


Hello everyone!

Today's blog post is a mini book haul! Book hauls are things that make me SO happy, but they are probably very bad for health and my wallet. I stood between bookshelves of a the book shop as my heart palpitated and stress coursed through my veins. Shopping for books should be a pleasurable experience, but for me it is incredibly exhausting wanting to buy every second book I see, but not having the budget for it. (Side note, how cool would it be to have a no budget book shopping spree?!)

On this visit to the bookstore I was pretty good at restraining myself. I only bought two books: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Mass and The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riodan. I had originally went to the bookshop to buy the new Rick Riodan novel, because duhh, it's a NEW Riodan book  I had felt like I had waited for this book for an eternity for this book to be released. I was planning to pre-order it online, but after a little incident involving sleep deprivation and an intense feeling that I did not own enough material goods that I have no need of, my parents unanimously agreed that perhaps that I shouldn't be allowed to shop online. *looks around guiltily*

Upon arriving at the bookstore I grabbed The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle and whispered 'my precious' to it... *insert background laughter used in TV shows* I'm joking I only took the book into my hands and stared at it adoringly, The latter one was not a joke, ahaha. I then wondered around the store until I decided that before I lost my self control I should leave. As I was waiting in line, my eyes fell on A Court of Mist and Fury. In that moment, A spotlight seemed to shine on it and angels seemed to sing 'Hallelujah Hallelujah'. My self restraint melted and I left the store with two books, which is not too bad.


That was my mini book haul for today. I'm so excited to read these books and will have my thoughts up soon on my BookTube channel, so keep a look out for that! I have exams coming up next week, so I will be a little busy, but I'll post as often as humanly possible,

Happy reading!!


-xox The girl with her head in the clouds


aka Kellie :P


10 comments:

  1. I love how you incorporate humor into your posts, you always make me laugh!! It's good to see that your following your posting schedule, you really did mean it when you said your back for good! Haha :) AHH a new Rick Riordan book! This is so exciting! *has to hold in screams of happiness because everyone's sleeping, so fist pumps the air instead* I can't wait to read your review on it! I'm currently reading Blood Song by Anthony Ryan and it is seriously one of the greatest books I have read! I highly recommend it!! Happy reading, and I'm not expecting a reply any time soon as I can imagine you sitting in a corner whispering "my precious..." to your books! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW! Thank you so much! Your comments always make my day. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I'm also just as surprised as you are that I remembered to post, AHAHA.

      I know right! Whenever there is a new Rick Riodan my heart seems to be a little more complete! I have just finished the book and I'm hoping to film a review once exams are over. I also have to look into that Blood Song. I haven't heard of it before, but I'm willing to give it a try!

      Sorry that my reply is a day late, I was sitting in the corner of my room practising my Gollum impression to my books. Just kidding! (Or am I? You shall never know, muhahaha *distant thunder strikes*

      Delete
  2. Also! Your photo's are so Tumblr :D I just had to put that out there haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also! Your photo's are so Tumblr :D I just had to put that out there haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kellie! Book Club is organizing an event at school where the author Lili Wilkinson will be attending, and it will be open for the community to join in (there will be food, school band performances, etc). I'm not sure about the exact details, but it is around September. I'll keep you updated! Miss Earl and the Inky Ambassadors were thinking of ideas to promote this event as well as Lili Wilkinson's books, and I suggested that you and I could do a collaboration together (including 2 book reviews on her books, details of the event,etc). I will also be making an animated video to upload on the Inky Ambassador's YouTube channel. Miss Earl thought it was a great idea! If you'd like to do the collaboration, please let me know! Thank you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I'm so sorry! I've been so busy and I'm only catching up on my blog comments now. I'd love to be apart of that!! Attending and doing a collaboration with you is something I'd definitely do. I remember the last time we collabed it was a Harry Potter post. I can't believe its been over a year! It's seriously insane. I think that it is such a great idea. Please contact me with more details!! <3

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to read them!!! Keep up the great blogging Kellie xoxo

    ReplyDelete