Pages



My fangirl heart, I talk about The Sword of Summer by Rick Riodan and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Hello everyone!!

First off I need to apologise for the lack of post. Sometimes life gets overwhelming and just time consuming and I've been going through that period but I'm hoping to get out of it and manage my time better. I also wanted to update that my series Random Book Talk is on hiatus but will continue soon, so keep a look out for that! I also wanted to apologise again for not posting as many posts as I should, but that is because I know film TBRs and book reviews and have them on my BookTube. I enjoy filming videos and hope to do it more often, but I will also continue posting here, so don't fret. :)


Today I wanted to talk/ fangirl about the books that are coming out today. Today The Sword of Summer by Rick Riodan and Carry On by Rainbow Rowell are coming out!! *Faints because she got too excited* I've actually been waiting for these two for so long! (Also I apologise in advance for all the exclamation marks I'm going to use, ahah) The Sword of Summer is going to be the first Magnus Chase book. This is Annabeth's cousin that was mentioned in The Blood of Olympus!!! I'm so excited to read it. I have heard it is in first person point of view and talks about Norse gods just like the first Percy Jackson book. Ot's like dear old uncle Rick Riodan had taken out the best parts of Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief and recreated that magic. That almost makes me want to forgive him for giving us fans a heartbreak after his literal cliff hanger in The Mark of Athena. The key word in that sentence is 'almost'.

I'm sorry for all the exclamation marks again, I'm just very excited for this series. Percy Jackson was one of those books that really fraud me into reading along with Harry Potter. Without it this series I don't think I'd be the person I am today so I'm very excited. :)

Like that isn't enough I've heard that there is also going to be another series where Apollo gets punished by Zeus and become a mortal. *gasps* He then goes to Camp Half Blood for help and that is the premise for a new series. OMG *forgets how to breathe* What is this doing to my poor heart? This sounds like such an amazing concept and one that sounds like such an adventure! I'm so excited to read The Sword of Summer, but also really excited to read this series when it comes out.

I'm also so excited about Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. After reading Fangirl I was fascinated by this story. I wanted to know what it was about and I absolutely adored the book. When I found out Rainbow Rowell was actually writing the fan fiction in her book, my fangirl heart basically broke down for a bit!! This was such an amazing idea and one I'm so excited to read.

It seems so weird that two such amazing and anticipated books are coming out on the same day, but I can't complain. I'm so happy! I was going to preorder the books, but I'm being more conscious about money now. I am actually saving up to but a proper microphone and a good quality lens for my camera, which cost a fair amount of money. This means I won't be able to buy new books for the foreseeable future. *sheds a little tear* I'm okay though, thanks to my local library! Have I ever mentioned how much I love libraries? Well I love them a great deal! :)  

I hope your fangirl heart is doing better then mine!

-The Girl With Her Head in The Clouds

aka Kellie who loves you as much as she loves libraries 

2 comments: