Pages



A Court of Mist And Fury Feyre's TATTOO!! And starting a bookstagram??!!

Hello beautifuls!

Today's blog post is one I'm so excited about. Like not just excited, but ecstatic about! Not only does it contain pictures that I'm proud off, but wait until the end because I have some cool news! *starts winking so hard it looks like she's has some kind of eyelash in her eye ball*

Today's blog post is a tie in with my video that is coming up this week. If you aren't subscribed to my BookTube channel you seriously are missing out on the weird faces I make when you accidentally pause the video! Seriously though, please subscribe because I have content there that I believe will interest any book reader and I love making those videos and I truly do believe that if you love doing something your passion shines through in the end product.

Today's post is some lovely pictures of Feyre's tattoo from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas! Personally I enjoyed the second book more than the first, so A court of Mist and Fury appears in the pictures instead. Also the blue of the book really contrasts the red background! *starts counting how many exclamation marks she's already used in this blog posts, but shrugs it off*

If you're worried about the tattoo, because it looks like I have used permanent marker on my skin, don't fret! I used eyeliner because I too don't like the idea of a tonne of permanent marker on my skin and because it comes of easily with make up wipes. Eyeliners are formulated for use near eyes which is delicate skin, so it can't be that bad for you right?

As you can see on the left, I smudged some of the eyeliner onto the book. *face palms* Impatient person problems, ahaha.
My artist friend Donna did the super pretty fingers part! I really couldn't have done this without her, because lets be real, I still struggle to draw stick figures...
I love this design so much! It is mostly based on the US cover of the book where you can see the design of the tattoo on Feyre's hand. This also looks a little smudged because I was eating and forgot that I had this on my hands and ended up washing my hands before I realised... Yup, I'm that much of a failure LOL.
On the spine you can see those white lines with the thorns coming out of them, I took inspiration from those too for the tattoo.
For the inside of the hand I had a lot more of a creative licence. In the book the main part that was mentioned was that there is a an eye in the palm and that was basically it. I just drew random designs and Donna drew the fabulous eye for me! *bows down the Donna, the Queen of eyeliner art*
I clearly cant hold a book straight! I'm also so disappointed that my copy doesn't have her hand showing the tattoo design. I had to google the cover of the other edition. 
I'm incredibly happy with this part! It took so long that with the wrist I began just drawing random lines because I wanted to be finished, Above the wrist is the best part in my opinion! (please don't ask me why my fingers look strange here...)


My video for a last minute Feyre costume will be coming up in the coming week. I do however use the term costume loosely because it mainly is just this tattoo because this is her most distinctive features. I hope you enjoy that video once it is up!

For now you deserve to hear my exciting news because you made it to the end of the post! Although I think you would already know what it is because of the title... Yes, you guessed right, I have started a Bookstagram page! You can follow me here!! You can also search up my user name, bookish_kellie. This is something I've been wanting to do for so long after spending years obsessing over people's immaculate feeds. eekkk! Please go chuck my page a follow because an abundance of book pictures are coming soon!

Let me apologise for the inexcusable number of exclamation marks in one post. This has just been a very fun filled post! For the time being please have a look at my BookTube and my Bookstagram. Also look after yourself and remember to step back and take a breath if things become too much. I love you endlessly. <3




Happy reading!!


-xox The girl with her head in the clouds


aka Kellie :P

No comments:

Post a Comment