Pages



GEMINA BOOK LAUNCH!

Hello my beautiful friends!

Today's blog post is based on my reflection of the Gemina book launch at the State Library of Victoria! Before we even begin I am going to admit that I missed 2 trains and ended up arriving 10 minutes late. *face palms so hard that I have a permanent imprint on forehead* I know it's now December and in typical Kellie fashion I'm posting this very late, but honestly I've just been avoiding this because of the insanely high cringe level, AHAHA. Let's get into it!



On the 22nd of October was the book launch. After a hectic week consisting of a biology test, maths analysis and cracked phone screen I was so ready to go to the book launch and forget about how much I fail as a human being. (Can we also just talk about how expensive it is to fix a phone screen? Over $200!!! When I heard a crack I prayed that was my bones instead of the screen, smh) Too bad the universe was not on my side. The train lines were still being fixed and there was a super light drizzle, thus leading to my predicament of missing 2 trains and madly ordering my sister and mum to walk faster. In the end, we were a bit late, I hate being late and thinking about it now still makes me mad. However, the event itself was amazing and did make me forget about everything. 

The book launch was filled with laughter, mini games (where you can win a death!) and engaging questions asked by Adele, the lovely lady who was the speaker (??) for the event. (Not certain about the correct term for what she was doing, but she was wonderful!) There were also many stories told and oh boy were interesting! The real friendship between Amie Kayfman and Jay Kristoff made the whole event feel as if it was one big group of friends hanging out. When I think back to that night the main thing I think about is how there was an actual person in America who shot a bullet into a book for 'research'. If you've read Gemina you would know why that was so cool. I still can't get my mind over the fact that an actual book was impaled by an actual bullet! 

My favourite part of the night was probably when we did a 'book wave'! This is Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff's signature thing. It's essentially a Mexican wave, but with books. They do this at all their book launches and I was so excited to be apart of one! Although I was sitting at the back and you can't see me. There were SO many people in that room. It was great to see so many people come out to support Melbourne writers, especially such deserved writers! 





At the launch I was in group 3, the final group to get their books signed by Amie and Jay (is it rude to only use their first names? I'm too lazy to type out their while names again :P) I didn't mind being last because that gave me the opportunity to sneak in a little reading session of the book and DAMN it is good. Watch out for a 'word vomit/book thoughts' coming out soon ;) While getting my book signed something happened that made my whole day! My sister and I were standing there in front of the table while they were signing and I asked, "Did you enjoy the chocolates? I'm the weird girl who gave you some at the Inky Awards." AND THEN THEY REMEMBER ME!! Jay said he didn't eat the chocolates because he isn't a fan of them but kept my later and said it was "sweet"! Amie said that she ate both of their chocolates and that they both kept my letters. *screams in excitement* Afer that I died. There is not a part where I came back to life or anything, I died, the end. Two of my favourite writers from 2016 just acknowledged my existence and said I was sweet. I'm deceased. :)



So that was just a long post of me fangirling again. *blushes, but isn't sorry* I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you some insight into the event. It was so much fun to attend and it was worth it to book the tickets a month in advance! Now comes the wait for the next book!! 


Happy reading!!


-xox The girl with her head in the clouds


aka Kellie :P

No comments:

Post a Comment