Pages



Reading books for school

Hello wonderful people of the blogosphere!
Today I wanted to talk about reading books for school. This year at my year level is reading The Giver by Lois Lowry. Some of my old friends have said that reading the books for school purposes make reading a book tedious and make the books worse. This has really struck me, because my honest opinion is that I love books either way and I'm glad that we are given books to read during school times.

 I understand that reading a book for school can be very tedious and boring, because it might not be a book you're particular interested in. Although I do not understand how just because I'm your mind the book is associated with school makes it a bad book. Though out my school life I had read plenty of good books that were compulsory to read, but I seem like such a small percentage of people who can honestly say that. It's just stayed with me so much that when in engrossed in my book I think about what my class mates would think of it or when I'm reading really pleasant reviews on a book, I would wonder if people would still like the book of they had read it for school. You may have read all that and wondered what the heck was the point of that and honestly I'm not sure myself. 

Sometimes I feel so strongly about books. Like when I hear someone say something bad about a book or author I like and I just barge into the conversation (sorry to anyone who I have eve done that to, sorry it's a reflex). When I started this I just felt sorry for the books and authors had experienced hatred towards by angry students, when they have written an amazing book, but due to the fact that most people don't like school it's being hated on and my fingers have just really been doing this themselves. That's what I love about books and reading. What to some people seem like words on a page, are actually keys to worlds that can make people feel so strongly about things and cause such powerful feelings. That's the magic of reading. 


Thanks for reading today's mess of a post. Lots of love 

-The Girl With Her Head in The Clouds



aka Kellie

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kellie how have you been? Haven't talked in a while, how's your new school going? Missing you heaps! This true but at the same time majority of teachers make books pretty lame haha :) Loving your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know! I'm so happy I don't have a bad english teacher this year. What about you? I miss you blogging buddy <3

      Delete
    2. Naw I miss you too Bellie! I have miss Brink for Enlgish and she's awesome, you can get away with almost anything and she let's us watch movies! Haha hope to see you soon!

      Delete