Pages



A new year: 2017!

Hello my beautiful friends!

This year has been one hectic year. That's putting it lightly, this year has pretty much has just been a train wreck. I have so many good memories, such as attending my first book launch, going thrift shopping for the first time and finally discovering Sarah J Maas (I still have no idea how it has taken me so long to discover her books!) With every good memory are about 3 bad ones because let's be real, 2016 has been a train wreck in politics, human rights and so many more areas that it feels futile to list them all. I'm trying not to lose sight of all the positives because at the end of the day it's so easy to remember the one bad thing that happened in a day then all the happy moments. I hope that you don't lose sight of all the good things too, because if you lose hope than what else do you have? 

I'm now in a phase where I'm reminiscing 2016, but I'm about to begin preparing for 2017. New year, new me right? My smart Allie self is saying that I'm not so sure though because this calendar system is something humans created. It's all a human concept and technically any day of the year can be a new beginning. On any day of your life you could wake up and decide to change everything. You could wake up any day and decide to cut off all your hair, or donate everything in your wardrobe, or stop eating meat. A belling fall on a tower in New York isn't a catalyst to completely becoming the an upgrade of yourself. I wish it was how it worked so that yesterday when I was watching the crowd erupting in deafening screams I could have turned into Kellie 2.0. The thing is your goals don't work unless you do. 

Looking out of a window, being dramatic...


However, I am still going to use the idea of a new year to motivate me to take action and initiative in my life. Just because it's tacky and a total cliche doesn't mean that you can't view the new year as a new beginning. For this year I started new notebooks as my 2016 ones were full. I love the idea that I'm writing my own story this year with a completely new book. This is my chance to turn the page and create my own chapters. I'm going to make sure that 2017 is the best year of my life. 

Well it can't be worse than 2016... 
I hope I didn't just jinx it. 



-The girl with her head in the clouds

aka Kellie who is wishing you a happy new year filled with joy and new opportunities <3


No comments:

Post a Comment