Pages



Reading emotional books

Hello! I've been feeling really bad lately that I haven't been posting that much. I've just finished Percy Jackson's Greek Gods by Rick Riordan and I'm half way through The Importance of Being Earnest and I feel swamped, but I wouldn't help myself from posting something. I'm currently reading I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson and that was part of the inspiration for today's post.

As a reader, I've read many different kids of books and one of the common ones I have read are emotional ones. Even though I read many of them, I'm always affected by them. I have to read a chapter and have a break (about a minute or so, sometimes a couple of days) to process it. I never seem to be able to get over this even though like I already stated I read a lot of them. Even though they are fictional characters and situations, the tears are real. That's the beauty of books. They can illicit an abundance of real emotions. That is both a pro and a con of reading. For now I know that I need to have a little break before I continue to dive into this emotional book.

I don't know if this only happens to me or other readers. I believe that I can be quite an emotional person, but I don't think that that is the reason I feel the emotions so strongly. Books are just so special to me and whenever I read them everything feels so real to me that I have to consciously remind myself that what I'm reading is a made up story, but that doesn't stop the onslaught of emotions.

If you're reading an emotional book, good luck! :)


Lots of love,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment